You cannot help but go for the best AluminumUte canopy. You have been waiting and saving for years for this moment, and now you finally have what you wanted. The heavy-duty canopy is made from the highest quality aluminum, and you didn’t mind splashing out to get the best in the market.
You fell in love with it, the moment you saw it, however, love alone doesn’t ensure longevity. Your Ute canopy will travel for miles over rough terrain until you find the perfect camping spot, it will house tools, gear, and surfboards. If used every day for work, it is bound to require some care. Regular use calls for regular maintenance. You will see a decrease in appearance, performance, and experience issues if you don’t care for it correctly.
Here are some tips for maintaining your Aluminium Ute canopy and giving it a longer life.
Give it a Wash
You bought the Aluminum Ute canopy thinking it wouldn’t rust. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Aluminium Ute canopies may oxidize over time. They can get covered with a soft, yellowish layer. To keep your Ute canopy as good as new, you have to wash it.
Pollution, grime, dust, harmful effects of UV light, and airborne salt deposits are major causes for concern. They accumulate over the canopy over time and diminish the shine.
Give your canopy a weekly wash with a mixture of detergent and warm water. Clean gently without being harsh on the finish to protect the Ute canopy.
Some pointers you should keep in mind while cleaning.
- Don’t use an acid wash on your Ute canopy. It makes the Ute canopy look sparkling clean but ultimately ends up eroding the Aluminium.
- In case of a drive along the beach, make sure to rinse the canopy in mild detergent water when arriving home. This helps in removing the salt, and salt causes rust, so this is very important to do.
- Don’t use harsh cleaning tools like steel wool or wired brushes. Use a soft pad in a circular overlapping motion while cleaning your Aluminium Ute canopy.
- If your Ute canopy hasn’t been cleaned in a long time, give it a thorough wash by following the steps below.
- Use a wet cloth or sponge to remove loose surface deposits.
- Remove dust, salt, and various other deposits using a soft brush and a diluted solution of mild detergent and water.
- Rinse the surface properly with fresh water after cleaning is over. This will remove any remaining residues.
This cleaning method is suitable for both powder-coated canopy and the non-coated.
Cover your Canopy
Bird droppings, dust, debris, rain, atmospheric pollution, all of them are threats to your canopy’s shiny appearance. Keep your canopy in your garage or a carport. You can also cover the Ute canopy with a tarp to protect it from the elements.
If you cover the canopy, it will prevent dust and pollutants from accumulating on the surface. You will not have to clean it as often, therefore, preserving its shine, if it has that finish.
Powder Coating the Ute Canopy
To keep your Aluminium Ute canopy as good as new, powder coat it. The canopy looks clean and polished for long after powder coating. Follow a simple but regular cleaning and maintenance program to maintain the life of powder-coated articles.
In case you don’t want to spend extra bucks on the coating, you can choose pre-coated UTE canopies like Autosafe’s Aluminium Utemaster Canopy, with lightweight construction, tough powder coating, secure canopy locking mechanism, along water and dust seals. You also get maximum space to store all your tools and equipment.
Call 03 8720 2000 today to get in touch with us for offers, insights, product updates, and much more.